What is 3D Laser Scanning
3D Laser Scanners use LiDAR (light detection and ranging) to measure and record precise locations and distances, ultimately producing a point cloud file.
The technology enables you to produce highly accurate digital measurements and images quickly and easily for use in Architecture, Engineering and Construction environments. 3D Laser Scanning is a revolutionary tool to document existing conditions.
It is invaluable in design, prefabrication, asset management, and facility modifications. While it is an absolutely non-destructive process.
Benefits of 3D Laser Scanning
- Complete documentation of as-built conditions
- Expedites project planning and execution
- Eliminates the need for site revisits
- Precise, high speed data collection
- Dimensionally accurate, measurable and shareable data sets
- Fast turnaround of project data
- Decreased disruption of project environment
- Minimal operational shutdowns
- Safe solution for inaccessible or hazardous locations
- Reduces change orders, delays and costs
Generate Floor Flatness Reports
Accurate measurements—even in crawl spaces and above ceiling tiles.
Measured Building Surveys
Accurate 2D CAD and 3D BIM plans
Automatically compare 'as-is' conditions vs. design BIM model.
Accurate records of the condition and location of assets.
Industries and Projects
- Assembly Plants
- Architectural Documentation
- Chemical Plants
- Commercial Sites
- Industrial Zones
- Manufacturing Facilities
- Office Buildings
- Power Plants
- Residential Buildings
- Water Plats
- University Campuses